How Office Depot Europe is responding to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Updated 31 March 2020
Office Depot Europe is doing everything it can and taking sensible steps to protect its people and partners and to minimise the risk and disruption to our customers and company.
Our approach is based on prevention and preparation.
How we have prepared for COVID-19:
- Our Coronavirus Task Force meets daily to monitor, mitigate against and respond to the impact of coronavirus on Office Depot;
- We quickly activated our robust business continuity plans across all departments at Office Depot Europe;
- We increased hygiene measures at our sites across Europe and provided easily accessible advice for staff;
- We postponed all internal events and cancelled attendance at all external conferences;
- We banned all international travel;
- We implemented home-working for most staff in mid-March thanks to our investment in technology and early preparation. It means we have minimised the risk of exposure and reduced disruption to our business;
- We identified a supply of additional staff to support our distribution centres and supply chain in the event of a major COVID-19 impact.
How we are continuing to deliver for our customers:
- We have a stockpile of products in our large distribution centres, as well as goods in transit, so we can continue supply of most items at present;
- Our teams are continually working hard to replenish stocks of key health and hygiene products;
- Our procurement, supply chain and merchandising teams are working together to monitor and dynamically manage potential supply gaps and will seek alternative suppliers where possible before supplies are exhausted;
- We have extended our home delivery service so our Contract customers can have products delivered directly to home addresses;
- While there are many challenges ahead for all suppliers, we are doing everything we can to serve our valued customers and colleagues.